Wolfenstein: The Old Blood (PS4)

I played Wolfenstein: The New Order a while back and I thought it was an pretty ok game but nothing special. I gave it a 7/10. Still I wanted to try out the stand-alone title Wolfenstein: The Old Blood because you know, zombies. And I can't say I was disappointed.


The Old Blood is a prequel to The New Order set in an alternate 1946. Our hero Blazkowicz is on a mission to infiltrate Castle Wolfenstein and retrieve a secret folder. From there on everything starts going sideways. You start by fighting your way through nazis, super soldiers and robot dogs and then go on to blasting your way through countless nazi zombies.


I really liked the atmosphere of the game with it's creepy locations and mysterious story about the occult secrets of King Otto I. It also had some cool weapons and interesting boss fights. Even though zombies and especially nazi zombies have already been around for a time The Old Blood proves that zombies are still cool and I think every game should have a zombie expansion like this.


I paid 4,95 € for this game and I would have paid up to 20 € for it.

8/10

Screenshots








Comments

Popular