Dishonored 2 (PS4)

It's the last day of my summer vacation and now I decided to stop being lazy and write down some reviews. It's been some time since the last time I wrote anything and the reasons are I've been a bit lazy and my other hobbies has taken up a lot of my time. I've also tried to cut down on screen time, spending less time in front of my computer. I've played a few games though and this review is about Dishonored 2.


I played the first one a few years back and I liked the style of the game although there where things that annoyed me. I was painfully reminded of these things when I started playing Dishonored 2. When I get to choose between playing stealthy or guns blazing I always choose to play it stealthy. I just think it is more elegant, requires patience and concentration but the payoff is also greater. leading in a more rewarding gaming experience. The thing that annoyed me was getting seen or caught because it meant I wasn't as stealthy as I wanted to be. So it wasn't really the game´s fault per se but the disappointment in myself for getting caught.



I learned to like Dishonored 2 despite of this because I knew I could always go back to an earlier save and try a different approach or try to hide from the enemies once they had seen me. I also tried to play the game without killing people but I realized that mistakes happen and sometimes someone gets killed in an explosion or similar. In short, I tried not to take the game too seriously and had more fun in the process.


In Dishonored you get to play as either Corvo from the first game or his daughter Emily. I played as Emily in my first playthrough, though I might give it a try playing Corvo as well. In terms of gameplay and game world it is very similar to the first game where along the way you acquire new abilities that help you in your missions. I really like that there are a lot of different ways and routes you can choose from when you undergo a mission. The ending is also affected on how you play resulting in either a "good" or a "bad ending.


I really enjoyed playing Dishonored 2 and I think it is a decent follow up to the first game. I sincerely recommend it.

8.5/10


You can traverse through the city on the ground or high up on roof tops and balconies

Inside apartments you can find valuable paintings or if you're unlucky, blood flies.

Potions are needed for health and your special abilities
Through recorded messages you can learn more about the world and it's inhabitants

Safes contains valuables and by searching your environment carefully you might find the codes that will open them

Most targets can either be killed or rescued, you choose your own destiny.

Your allies give you information about your missions 

Comments

Popular