Dragon Age: Inquisition (PS4)

I made the huge mistake of playing The Witcher 3 before I ever tried Dragon Age: Inquisition and when you stack Dragon Age up against a masterpiece rpg and open world game like The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt a certain Sinéad O'Connor song comes to mind... Yes, nothing really compares to the Witcher 3. Before I bought Inquisition I also had my doubts about the game since I never got through Dragon Age: Origins. That was partly because by the time I first played it, it already felt a bit outdated. However, while getting some mixed reviews I decided to give Inquisition a chance and here are my thoughts.


In the beginning of the game you create your character. You can choose from different factions, genders and races and create the face of the character. I chose to go with a rogue, female elf. This is a thing you should put some thought into since you're going to be stuck with your choice through the whole game.


Everything about the game might seem a bit overwhelming at first and it is a bit uneven in terms of engaging missions. That's probably why I have to admit I quit playing after about 30 hours in and did not pick up the game for several months. When I started playing again I decided to skip some of the side missions and focus on the things that engaged me and that's when I started to enjoy the game a bit more. Collecting new armor and weapons as well as crafting are a few of the things I found very enjoyable. I also liked just walking around, exploring the beautiful world.


Conversations with other characters is interesting and most of the time the dialog is well written. Quests do often feel like your just ticking off something from a to-do-list. It makes you feel productive but I don't know how fun it is. However, underneath the somewhat uninspiring and often tedious quests is a compelling story and in the end I can't deny the feeling of adventure and great purpose I get when playing Dragon Age: Inquisition. In the game the whole world counts on you and the choices you make determine their fate. The game gives you a clear purpose and an epic quest follows.


Along the way you meet interesting people, discover mysterious places and fight through countless of enemies. I can still remember the first time I saw my first dragon and the time I went eye to eye with one. That was probably one of the most exciting part of the game. Compared to the Witcher though, I think the combat is pretty dull. Or well, it is a different kind of combat and it might not be everyones cup of cocoa.


The game is not perfect and it has it's flaws but right now you can get the whole game for just 5,95 € at the Playstation Store. That is a pretty sweet deal for a massive game like this. If you're into serious role-playing games and ready to invest 80+ hours into a game you'll get a lot of bang for the buck.

8/10


Per request (a little late perhaps) I added a video below of the character sliders for my character.



Screenhots











Comments

  1. Hi! Your character is beautiful! Could it be possible to get the slider for it?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular