The Darkness 2

First of all let me point out that I haven't played the first The Darkness game and I had not even heard about the game before I bought it. But I my weekend plans were non-existent and I got the game very cheap. 

The Darkness 2 is a first-person shooter where you play as Jackie, an italian mobster equipped with both weapons and demon arms (I'm not kidding), who is attacked by other mobsters trying to kill him and his family to get hold of the darkness that he possesses. The "Darkness" is what gives you your special powers but it is also very dangerous.

The game starts out with full blown action almost immidiately and you quickly get absorbed in the gameplay. Combining weapons and the demon arms to defeat your enemies is surprisingly fun and satisfying. The story seems trivial at first but gets a little "deeper" later in the game. The characters are stereotypical italian mobsters with stereotypical names like Johnny, Frank, Jimmy, Jackie and Tony but that's okay.

What more can I say about the game? It's pretty short but very intense. Violent but surprisingly satisfying to play. Cool graphic novell kind of artstyle and entertaining gameplay. However not that memorable or unique.

7.5/10


Comments

Popular