Dishonored

Murder and betrayal, power and revenge and...rats! Yes, a whole lot of rats. That's what Dishonored is all about, a first-person stealth action game where your choices matter and where your actions in the game will decide how it all ends, in chaos or in peace.

You play Corvo Attano a bodyguard framed for the murder of the Empress. The one you were sworn to protect. As a hunted man you become an assassin, hiding in the shadows, equipped with supernatural abilities you seek revenge for those who have wronged you.

If you have played Bioshock, this game seems very familiar. You could almost say that Dishonored is kind of a "stealthy" Bioshock. The reason for this is that I think they use the same game engine and also the studio has been involved in making both games. And the similarities don't stop there. Dishonored also has choice based gameplay and similar character abilities. I'm a big fan of all of the Bioshock games and so You might ask, is Dishonored as good as a game as Bioshock? Well, yes and no. I have kind of a love-hate relationship with stealth based games. First of, I think stealth games work better as third-person when you can see the character at all times. And second, I don't always have the concentration and focus needed to play stealth games. If I'm in the zone, fine, I love sneaking around, hiding in the shadows trying not to be seen, but sometimes I just want to shoot everything that moves. And yes Dishonored gives you the option of stealthing through the whole game or just go in guns blazing. But that going in guns blazing is not as easy as it seems either, in my opinion taking the stealth approach is almost easier if you only have the nerves for it.

The more games you play the more you start comparing them, as I do now. And then there are also games I did not appreciate as much during my first play through as I did the second time I played it. Your current mood can also affect how you perceive a game even if I try to put that aside and give an honest and objective opinion. So if you're into stealth games this is definitely a game to play. It offers the player a lot of different tactics and approaches, cool abilities and an interesting story with believable characters with voice actors such as Lena Headey (Cersei) Chloe Grace Moretz, Susan Sarandon and Michael Madsen. (Pretty impressive line-up) So if you can't find any other reason to play Dishonored the voice actors are a reason enough.

8.5/10








Comments

Popular