Killzone 3

I'm not that familiar with the Killzone game franchise but I decided to give it a try since Killzone 3 had split screen co-op campaign and me and my roommate are always interested in trying out those kinds of games.

The first impressions of Killzone 3 were positive. The graphics are great and it plays very nicely and to their voice actor line-up include a few famous actors like Brian Cox (Troy), Malcolm McDowell (A Clockwork Orange) and James Remar (from Dexter). However the impression doesn't last very long and the game quickly turns into a pretty basic action shooter with countless repetitive enemy encounters. The action is also over the top as it usually is in these kinds of games toppled with bad dialogue and an average story. It doesn't offer much more to the co-op other than the occasional get-me-over-this-wall or heal-me actions but it is of course more fun playing with a friend than alone. The campaign in Killzone 3 is also rather short, approximately 7-8 hours. But there is also online multiplayer (if you are in to that) which will give you plenty of playtime hours.

Even if Killzone 3 is not maybe my kind of game some missions were fun and I particularly enjoyed using the jetpacks in combat, I had a lot of fun with that. If you enjoy first-person shooters, Killzone 3 is fairly good and action-filled but it in the end pretty forgettable.

+ Nice Graphics
+ Co-op Campaign

- Repetitive gameplay
- Average story and dialogue


7.5/10



Comments

Popular