James Bond 007: Blood Stone (Xbox 360)

After playing Quantum of Solace I wasn’t expecting too much of Blood Stone. However even for a dated, run-of-the-mill duck and cover shooter, it is an okay game for what it is.


Blood Stone stars Daniel Craig as Bond but is not based on any of his movies. It has a standalone story. The gameplay reminds me a little bit of the earlier Uncharted games but without the climbing. It is possible to take out some enemies silently but mostly you’re facing them head on.


You use your smartphone to analyze your surroundings as well as for hacking doors and computers. This is a neat addition but not an essential part of gameplay.

If it wasn’t so focused on bringing big explosions and fast cars front and center, I would have found Blood Stone even more enjoyable. I like that there is some driving in the game but it’s frustratingly over the top. I’m more down with the stealth action gameplay and computer hacking. 



The story ends on a cliffhanger that promises Bond will be back in a new game but after 9 years since Bloodstone I haven’t heard about any sequel in the making. Although better than its predecessor Quantum of Solace, it’s nothing more than a mediocre third-person action shooter.


I bought this game used for 9 euros and I guess it’s worth it.


Comments

Popular