Infamous: First Light

One of the free games on Playstation Plus this month is Infamous: First Light. I played it last night on my PS4 and well, I was kind of impressed. I'm not familiar with the Infamous series from before and I haven't played any of the other games. This was my first game ever played in the series.
Infamous: First Light is actually a stand-alone expansion to Second Son and it is a bit shorter than a full game. It is however a good taste of what the Infamous games have to offer.




Infamous: First Light is first of all, eye candy. And I'm not even talking about the fact that it has a female protagonist, it just simply looks amazing. The neon lights, the colors and reflections are stunning. The gameplay is pure brain candy. Fighting enemies and flying through the city with the power of neon makes you feel powerful and is indeed very satisfying to do.

I wasn't totally convinced by the game at first and some of the missions in the beginning were not that challenging and it felt that they were somehow missing a point. Later on in the game the missions become a lot more fun as you acquire new upgrades and new abilities. Even side missions such as saving hostages and taking out enemy drones is very fun.

I guess that if you have played the other Infamous games before, the story and the characters would make more sense. I didn't see that as a big problem though. Quite quickly you are drawn into the story of Fetch, a neon conduit (she gets her powers from neon, by draining it from neon signs) trying to save her brother who is held captive. In order to free him she has to use her powers to help a criminal with all kinds of nasty business. A central theme of the game is about how you use your powers, for good or for evil. As I said it is a pretty short game but the story won't let you down and there is even plenty of stuff to do once you've finished it.

Now that I've gotten a taste for Infamous series it is very likely that the next game I buy will be Infamous: Second Son. If you've got a PS4 as well as Playstation Plus don't miss out on Infamous: First Light.

8/10







Comments

Popular