Dishonored: Death of the Outsider (PS4)

I have noticed that I am starting to enjoy stealth games more and more especially after playing Hitman, Dishonored, and other similar games. More linear games also have their appeal occasionally because open world games generally require a lot of time when you're traveling back and forth across a huge game map. Games these days are huge. Dishonored: Death of the Outsider is not, however, it's a fun, tightly wrapped adventure that I really enjoyed.


If you have played Dishonored before, Death of the Outsider will be very familiar; hardly nothing has changed from the base game. So before, when I played these kind of games I used to get frustrated when I was caught trying to sneak around enemies. I always want to be as stealthy as a cat. Things don't always go as planned however, and occasionally there are moments you have to run and hide or resort to means that are more violent.


Not getting upset about getting seen and just going with the flow is more enjoyable. The game is set up in the way that you can choose your playstyle and I usually choose the non-lethal approach unless I am put in a situation where I have no other choice. A couple of times I loaded a previous save file if the situation got too out of hand but I tried not to use this option too often since it does not really make for an organic play style.


In Death of the Outsider you play as Billie Lurk, familiar from Dishonored 2, and you are on a quest to fulfill your old mentors wish, to kill the mysterious Outsider. On your journey you will uncover mysteries and visit interesting locations in the same Victorian style that we have come to know from previous games.


The game is divided into 5 chapters and the length of the game really depends on your playstyle, if you do side missions like contracts and if you like to explore. I did all of those things and it took me about 10 hours to finish the game which is good for a game with a price tag of 10 euros.

Comments

Popular