Alan Wake (Xbox 360)

I‘m a Playstation gamer. I’ve had every console since the first one came out. The reason is not that I’m a fan of the brand but because when I was young most of my friends also had Playstations and more recently the game library for Playstation has been much better in my opinion. The many  exclusives like Horizon Zero Dawn, Uncharted and The Last of Us makes the console a must buy.


There are still some Xbox exclusives that I never got to play and that’s why I bought an old Xbox 360 recently. I got it for 39 euros which I think is a steal since the console came in its original box and is in really good condition. Except it has something called the “Open Tray” error and it is sometimes unable to read discs. When this happens, I usually open and close the disc tray a couple of times and gently tap on top of the console and this works for me, although it is a bit annoying.


The games I bought with it was Alan Wake and The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings. I have now played through the psychological thriller game, Alan Wake from the developer who made Max Payne, Remedy.

Alan Wake is third-person thriller action game set in Twin Peaks inspired town. Wake is famous writer on holiday there but ends up in a nightmare where reality and dream is mixed and a fight for survival begins. The game feels and plays a bit like Resident Evil with some Max Payne mixed in there.

The atmosphere is phenomenal and walking in the dark woods with only a flashlight and a few bullets to spare is intense as fuck. Gameplay and story is fun and weird and I really like the Twin Peaks wibe. Alan Wake is definitely a memorable experience and it was totally worth getting the Xbox if not just for it and The Witcher 2. Only paid 5 euros for Alan Wake. Worth every cent.

Comments

Popular