New Gaming Headphones: Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Plus

First things first. I am a musician but no audiophile. I appreciate good sound, but I am by no means a purist. When it comes to gaming, I almost exclusively play single player games. When I play I like to have good sound to get a good immersive experience.



Most often I play without headphones since I have a relatively good 2.1 setup connected to my TV and headphones can be a bit uncomfortable for long gaming sessions. However, sometimes when there are other noises in the room, dishwasher etc. or when you want to fully immerse yourself in a game, headphones can be useful.

Since I don’t really play multiplayer games I don’t need a headset with a mic. Thus, I don’t need “gaming headphones” in the literal since, any headphones will do as long as they deliver good sound.

Until now I have used my Superlux HD681 Evo headphones for this purpose. While the sound in these are good I find them a bit plasticky and as they are open headphones they don’t really isolate any outside noise. So, for Christmas I got the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Plus headphones which are closed back headphones.




When I chose these headphones, I had already narrowed down my options to three. Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Plus, Audio Technica ath-m50x and Sennheiser GSP 300.

These are the five reasons why I chose the Custom One Pro's over the other.

  1. Visual appeal. They have a classic look and even if they are a bit bulky you can wear them in public if you want. They also feature a customizable side panel.
  2. Versatility. They have a customizable sound so you can adjust the bass to your liking. This means you can use them for multiple purposes e.g. gaming, music, monitoring and mixing.
  3. They have replacements parts available for purchase and the cord is detachable. This means they have longevity.
  4. They are quite comfortable, even with glasses. Although I personally start to feel a bit of a pressure on my jaw after a while.
  5. They are made in Germany. 

























Comments

Popular