It's all Fun and Games



So, I have decided to write about the video games I play, the movies and TV-series I watch and maybe a couple of other things that interest me. Sort of like reviewing but mostly just for fun. 

Movies


I have watched a lot of movies. I mean A LOT, I would not say that I´m some movie addict or anything, I just enjoy watching movies. Even if its a horror flick, an action movie or a romcom it feels nice to just sit down in your couch and enjoy a really good movie. I have cut back on the amount of movies I watch lately. Before, I just had to watch every new movie that came out, but after a time the movies just weren’t that engaging anymore. Sometimes I get tired of all the Hollywood blockbusters that come out so I watch Spanish, French or Asian films. I was really into horror movies at one time. I still am but not as much, one reason is because many of them started to feel all the same for me. If you had seen one you had seen them all. Sometimes they can really surprise you though, and that's when you know you´ve hit the goldmine. I was kind of searching for a movie that would scare me shitless (pardon my french) just to feel something, but I don´t know if any movie has manage to do that to me yet.

Okay, but what I’ve been meaning to say is that I enjoy watching movies and I have now found that I should maybe reflect more about the movies I watch, just to make more out of it I guess. Does that sound reasonable? I´m going to review movies or just talk about what they get me thinking about, or what they remind me of and why you should or should not watch them. But this is of course just my opinions and I tend to get really negative at times, even though I enjoy most movies.


TV Shows

When it comes to TV-series I’ve also cut back a lot. Before, I was watching several shows at a time and I was really into them. I remember when there were shows like  Heroes, Prison Break, Lost and probably a couple of more TV-shows that I just had to watch every episode the day they came out. All my friends were watching too, so you had to keep up if you wanted to discuss them the next day.

I still watch a lot of shows but if they seize to interest me I´m much more likely to stop watching them immediately now than I was before. I mean I watched every fucking episode of Lost! And everyone who´s watched them all knows that many of the episodes (or whole seasons) were pretty damn awful, to say the least. (But still...I regret nothing!)

I´m gonna see how many TV series I´m going to talk about later on but I´m at least going to make a list of what you should or should not watch. Or what I recommend you´d watch. I´m not telling you what to do. You can do whatever you want. You can watch Jersey Shore for all I care.


Video Games

And yeah, video games are maybe my latest passion. I mean I´ve played video games almost all my life. But I have never really been into them before, what I remember at least. I played a lot of Super Mario, Sonic the Hedgehog, Street Fighter when I was a kid, but we did not have our own console at home so I always played at a friends house.

When we got a computer I started playing more games but I don´t think I really finished a whole game from start to finish before I played diablo or max payne. I don´t know which of them I played first, I just know that those were the first two games I really invested a lot of time and effort in and eventually made it through from start to finish. And I also enjoyed them really much.

I bought a used Playstation 1 at some time in my youth and my favorite game then was Medal of Honour - Underground. You had to have a lot of imagination back then because I tried to play it the other day and the graphics were not so ¨technologically advanced¨ as I remembered.

I remember though, that the storyline was really engaging and had me at my toes from time to time. I got the PS2 also and started playing GTA San Andreas, which is to this day one of the best games I have ever played. I have to admit, it could get kinda frustrating at times though. I had also played the previous GTA games on the computer and they were great too. (Okay, I have probably played more games than I can remember). I also played James Bond games, Tony Hawk Pro Skater and probably many more that I can´t recollect right now.

I´ve never really been a fan of online games like Counter Strike, or Call of Duty (the games all the cool kids are playing). I play COD from time to time but it´s not really "my cup of tea". I prefer playing alone or with a friend in CO-Op mode. Playing Left4dead online with a friend in Co-op mode is so much more fun than playing COD against a couple of strangers. It´s much more fun to Co-operate for a goal than just run around shooting each other.

Okay, but I got really in to video games when I got my ps3 a couple of years ago. I borrowed Assassins Creed 2 from a friend, and immediately... I was hooked. It was almost crazy. The game was so engaging, the story, the atmosphere, the music, the characters I was really immersed in the game. It was so much more engaging than any movie I had ever seen or any video game I had ever played. And I did not even realize it while I was playing, but after I was done playing, the feeling just came to me. After that I had to buy all the Assassins Creed games for myself and I loved them all. So I´m going to talk about the games I´ve played and the pros and cons about them and what kind of feelings they gave me.



Comments

Popular