Xbox 360 Disassembly

Xbox 360 Controller taken apart

I recently bought a used Xbox 360 and opened it up for a cleaning. I didn't film the disassembly of the console but I closely followed the video below and it wasn't that difficult. Many other videos are doing it wrong so I highly recommend this one even if the quality is not that great.


I did however make a video of me taking apart the controller, which you can watch below.

I've got some pictures of the inside of the Xbox 360 console below and it was pretty dirty. I used a soft brush to loosen all dust and then blew air into it.






The inside of Xbox 360 Slim
This is what it's supposed to look like. Nice and clean.


Update

So the Xbox was still loud after I cleaned the inside of it. After closer inspection it turned out that it was the external power supply that was making all the noise. There is a small fan inside and dust gets stuck in there too. Here is what it looked inside of it:

The inside of Xbox 360 Slim Power Supply
The fan is under that plastic plates and attached with four screws

A lot of dust, so no wonder the fan was making a lot f noise













Comments

Popular