Hitman (PS4)

A game I would probably not have played if it wasn’t free on PS Plus is Hitman from 2016. I'm well aware of the series but I didn't think the games were for me. I gave Hitman: Absolution a try many years ago but I could not come around finishing it. Hitman (2016) positively surprised me and got me so hooked on the series I had to give Hitman: Absolution (PS3) another shot and I really liked that game as well.



Hitman (2016) is an episodic stealth game divided into 6 chapters/missions and there are tons of ways to finish a mission which usually involves taking out one or more targets. The way you take out those targets are up to you, You can be really creative in your assassinations if you want and you'll have a  lot of fun. It is a stealth game though so going in all guns blazing is probably not the best option. Taking out non-targets also affects your score so it's better to take it nice and easy at least until  all hell breaks loose.


Stealth requires patience and a little trial and error but if you don’t rush it and look for opportunities in the environment it is not that hard. Hitman is definitely not for someone who wants a fast paced game. The charm with Hitman is that you need to be totally focused and then when you pull off a perfect assassination you feel like a real Hitman. 


I also like the way missions are given to you in the form a short brief of the target and location. You feel like James Bond or Ethan Hunt ready for your next mission. Each mission takes about 1 hour or 1.5 hour to complete depending on how you choose to execute it. A minor thing that kind of bugged me was that even if you traveled to locations all around the world, everywhere you went the NPC's all spoke english and most of them even without an accent. It just felt off. 


When it comes to graphics Hitman lags behind many other games but it looks well enough that it really don't matter as long as the gameplay is as fluid as it is. I can definitely recommend the game and if you happen to have PS Plus and remembered to grab this game last month. Give it a try.



Comments

Popular