Call of Duty: Black Ops III (PS4)


I haven’t really played Call of Duty since the first Black Ops on PS3 and I mostly play games for the single player campaign so these kind of games have not been on top of my priority list. But since Black Ops 3 was free on PS Plus I gave it a try.

The fact that the game offers split screen couch coop is a huge plus since this is immensely rare these days. The campaign is not all that bad although very action oriented and the tempo seldom slows down. It would have been fun with a slower sniper type mission for example.


In the game you play as a half-human half-robot character with several cool abilities, including wall-running and superhuman reflexes and strength. You can upgrade to get more abilities suiting your playstyle. You can also customize weapons and your appearance and choose between playing as a male or female character.



The campaign is divided into 12 missions and you can replay them individually once you’ve finished them. The missions are not boring but none of them really exciting either. You mostly just shoot enemies and try to get from point A to point B. There is a story in there but I didn't invest myself enough to care about it or the characters in it.


Visually the game looks really good and some characters faces are really realistic while other looks a bit weird. I played the campaign both alone and with a friend and it is more fun with a friend. Although in split-screen it can be a bit hard to follow, everything tends to get pretty small even if my TV is 49 inches. I can't even wrap my mind around how back in the day we used to play older games in split screen on a small 20 inch TV.


If you're looking for some mindless action and you're dreading the coming robotic takeover. The campaign is a perfect game for you to shoot up some robots because they're coming to take your job.

Comments

Popular