Hitman 3 Review

Hitman 3

Preparation meets opportunity, equals success. Combine that with a bit of patience, trail and error and you have Hitman 3 in a nutshell. 

Agent 47 is back in this third installment of the popular Hitman series. The assassin is yet again ready to take out high profile targets and uncover vast conspiracies. Although, Hitman 3 does not dramatically change its formula from the two previous games, it still works well and all the six levels offer exploration and fun and creative ways to take out your targets. One of my favorite levels is one where you get to dress up like a detective and solve a good old murder mystery in the English countryside. The whole episode feels like straight out of an Agatha Christie novel.

Hitman 3

Levels feel a bit larger this time, but it might be just how they are set up. They all differ from each other and you get to travel to a lot of different places including Dubai and Tokyo. I played all levels twice just to get to experience all the mission stories. The so called mission stories are guided assassination opportunities that also open up more of the story behind the targets and the environment. Even if they are somewhat guided, it is still up to the player to decide how and when is the moment to take action and wipe out your target.

Agent 47

In my opinion playing each episode twice is the bare minimum. Otherwise you don't get to experience the whole story and the game is over pretty fast. If you are a real fan, you can try to master each level by playing them multiple times.

When it comes to story, I can't say I was that heavily invested in it. However, it still does a good job setting up the background on why you go around murdering people left and right. Agent 47, despite his otherwise stoic demeanor, can also be really funny sometimes.

Agent 47

I like the formula and I enjoyed Hitman 3 but wasn't in anyway blown away by it. I'm still fond of the concept but I'm not one of those who's going to master every single level. That is why I wouldn't pay the full price for this game, but for half off, it is a reasonable buy.

I'll leave you to prepare.

Agent 47



Comments

Popular