Assassin's Creed Costume - Edward Kenway from Black Flag

I started making my own Assassin's Creed costume back in February (2014) after I've played AC Black Flag. I almost finished the costume except for some sewing and stitching but I put it on hold over summer and decided to pick up where I left off in time for Halloween.


Almost everything is made from old clothes I've found in flea markets and second hand shops. Everything is sewn together by hand. I know the costume is not a 100% accurate but I feel that it's nice to put a personal touch to it and also, I had to work with what I could find. 
                 

It all started with the vest. It's made from an old leather coat and I've added the shoulder armor and gold buttons to make it more naval looking.




Everything is stitched by hand and the shoulder pads are made of cardboard covered by leather. Scratches on the armor for added effect.



Some old shirt that I painted with acrylic paint.




Dirt for added effect. Pirates are not clean.


The hood is made from and old hoodie. I put some shoulder straps on it to keep it on place using belts. You'll see later.



Bracers made from the sleeves of a leather coat and some belt straps.



Upper arm armor with gold buttons made from leather and cardboard.


Some scratches so that it looks like it's been used in a fight or two.


The hidden blade. Not very beautiful up close but it looks okay from a distance. made from duct tape, cardboard and two plastic toy knives. You can attach it to your arm using elastic straps.




And yes, its retractable and slides out with a a little wrist movement.


Gun holsters and a little poach that I made.



Also made gun holsters for the chest.


A red scarf and a toy sword.





I wish I had some better whole body pictures and maybe a couple of action and combat pics but maybe I'll add some new pictures later. 




Comments

Popular