Tomb Raider

The sun is shining. I can hear birds chirping outside my window. It is summer. The season I have been waiting for the whole year. And still, all I want to do is sit inside my apartment and play my new favorite game, Tomb Raider.

Yes, you heard me. The new Tomb Raider is THAT good. If you like action/adventure games this is a game for you. The game is very similar to the Uncharted games and borrows a lot of things that also make those games great. There is climbing, shooting, puzzle solving and storytelling, and in my opinion, there is a great balance between them. An even better balance than in the Uncharted games where I sometimes think there is too much shooting and not enough puzzle solving. Tomb Raider looks great too, almost as good as Uncharted (almost) its a bit darker though and you dont get to go to many different locations. Still, you really get immersed in the game and it is hard to put aside the controller once you started playing.

The new Tomb Raider is a reboot of the series where we get to know how Lara Croft came to be the famous adventurer/ explorer that she is. This is a good thing  because you can really see how Lara started out as a naive and innocent girl, but in order to survive she had to become a real ass-kicking badass. Lara is voiced by Camilla Luddingtion (you may know her from Californication) and she does a good job as the new Lara Croft (and I could sit and listen to her lovely accent for hours) The story is pretty dark and at times terrifying, but pretty predictable (still better than much of the movies that comes out of Hollywood) The gameplay is really satisfying. Climbing, shooting enemies, exploring your surroundings, stealth missions, they all support the story perfectly and makes playing Tomb Raider very enjoyable. My rating for Tomb Raider is a strong 9/10


Comments

Popular