Gone Home (PS4)

Gone Home was one of the free Playstation Plus games for June so I decided to give it a try. I know the game have gotten a lot of positive reviews from critics but for me the whole experience was a bit of a disappointment.

Gone Home is basically a walking simulator were you interact with different kinds of objects inside of a big house. At the beginning of the game there was a sense of mystery walking through this eerie and empty house but towards the end you're like "when is someone going to start chasing me" and then a minute later you realize the game is already over. The voice acting and the art style was professionally and beautifully done but otherwise the game was a big letdown.

I have to admit I might have rushed the game a bit, not reading every single note and so on but still the game was really short and the ending unsatisfactory. Yeah, I guess the story told by the diary entries was okay but had I paid 20 euros for this game I would want a refund. The price is not justified for a game like this. I'm going to leave this here and go play The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine instead.

5/10

 

Comments

Popular